Although I didn’t catch the game, there are some highlights I can share from Blue Jays 5-4 victory over the Rays thanks to the box score and what I’ve read online.
- Brett Lawrie smacked his first homerun of the spring – although if the wind wasn’t blowing straight out, it probably would have been a routine, deep fly ball.
- Anthony Gose went 2 for 4 at the plate and had a stolen base – his second. Then, he was promptly caught stealing third – his first caught stealing.
- In a position battle for the second base job, Emilio Bonifacio and Maicer Izturis aren’t helping themselves. Bonifacio committed two throwing errors (3 total this spring) and Izturis one (his second of the spring). Let’s hope it’s nothing more than rust.
- Mark Buehrle struggle with control for his second straight start – still absolutely nothing to worry about this early.
- Darren Oliver did his thing, pitching a 1-2-3 inning.
- Dave Bush picked up the win in another impressive outing – great depth pick up.
If you’re sitting around and relaxing tomorrow afternoon, check out the Jays vs. Phillies @ 1pm on Sportsnet. Also the World Baseball Classic official started today, although Canada won’t be until March 8th vs. Italy.
You can also follow me on twitter @IHRTBJs